Participation Agreement – Smart Irrigation Controller Coupon
Conserve water with weather-based smart sprinklers. Find out how to take advantage of our $100 coupon on these devices.
We appreciate your interest in the SAWS Smart Irrigation Controller Coupon which offers a discount on approved devices to qualified customers. By accepting the offer of a Smart Irrigation Controller Coupon, you agree to and acknowledge the following:
- I understand that smart irrigation controllers are a relatively new technology; SAWS cannot guarantee the life of the product or company.
- I understand that SAWS is not endorsing any one company or product. SAWS does not recommend or support any additional products or services advertised in the smart irrigation controller app or by the product parent company.
- Failure to install the smart irrigation controller within 30 days of shipping and failure to contact SAWS Conservation to discuss any installation issues will result in a $100 charge being applied to my SAWS account.
- I am the owner/operator of the irrigation system and the home where the irrigation controller will be located.
- I understand that the offer my household received for this program is nontransferable and understand that the controller must be installed at the property associated with the account that received the coupon code. (SAWS has an agreement with vendors to know when and where devices are activated).
- A licensed installer or I will complete the installation of the smart irrigation controller. The person completing installation must be capable of ensuring installation according to instructions, including connecting the device to the home Wi-Fi network.
- Smart irrigation controllers approved by SAWS provide their own technical support for any installation questions and technical challenges; SAWS nor its representatives will provide technical support for your device.
- The smart irrigation controller will be bought from and shipped by the vendor. I understand the device will not come from, nor be shipped by SAWS.
- My home has Wi-Fi and it provides a good signal where the irrigation controller will be located.
- I will agree to accept vendor messages when sent to the mobile app. Feedback on the messages is an important program component. I understand that if I disable these messages I could miss key information such as the settings changing to increase watering and my overall billed water usage.
- SAWS is not responsible for my Wi-Fi network or charges associated with maintaining it.
- I am responsible for my water bill now and in the future.
- This system presents no guarantee for reductions in water use, nor does it provide any variance from drought restrictions or water waste rules that might be in effect in San Antonio.
- I understand that the vendor weather-based irrigation controller feature uses local weather data to adjust water applied to my landscape. If this feature is utilized, I understand that it may increase my water use/monthly bill as conditions become hot and dry. This feature can be disabled, but only end-users can make this choice.
- My water usage will be tracked during the next year to assess how the new controller may be assisting me in keeping water usage appropriate.
- I understand that I may be contacted in the future for a follow-up survey.
- SAWS is not responsible for the condition of my landscape or irrigation system now or in the future.
- I understand that I may keep my existing irrigation controller and reinstall it at my own expense/effort in place of the smart irrigation controller purchased with a SAWS coupon at any time.