Is your landscape water savvy? Friendly to urban wildlife? Less than 50 percent grass? Then your landscape may be worthy of recognition.
It’s coming soon! A new program that recognizes all of the hard work you’ve done to make your landscape a WaterSaver. You’re conserving water, providing habitat for local wildlife, going organic and increasing diversity while livening things up with a beautiful outdoor living area.
If this is you, SAWS wants you to know we’ve taken notice of all the stunning, water-friendly landscapes around town and we think others should, too.
GALLERY: WaterSaver Landscape Excellence
The GardenStyle Excellence program will recognize homeowners who lead the way using water-saver landscape design principles and practices that promote low-water use plants, landscape resiliency through diversity, habitat for urban wildlife, organic options that minimize the use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides, and the reduction or elimination of mowing requirements.
Requirements for the program:
- Landscape is attractive and uses minimal water
- Less than 50 percent of landscape is grass
- All perennial beds are mulched
- Sun-loving plants are in the sun; shade-loving plants in the shade
- Landscape has at least 12 different kinds of plants
- Less than 50 percent of the landscape contains rock-only beds
- No more than 5 percent of the landscape contains annuals or vegetables
All SAWS residential customers that meet the above criteria are eligible. View some examples of excellent GardenStyle WaterSaver landscapes in San Antonio here.
Look for more information about the program here at www.dev-gardenstylesanantonio.com coming soon.
For inspiration visit the WaterSaver Landscape Tour Gallery to see homes that will be part of the tour in April 2016.