Explore some lush local landscapes that go above and beyond to conserve water — all from the air-conditioned comfort of your couch.
Escape the heat, grab your favorite beverage and curl up in your favorite comfy chair. It’s time to virtually explore some lush local landscapes that go above and beyond to conserve water — and look amazing doing it.
The 2021 WaterSaver Landscape Tour happens online via Zoom Saturday, June 26 at 10 a.m.
Broadcasting from the San Antonio Botanical Garden, the tour will showcase five landscapes in four communities. This year’s yards were selected for their:
- Substantial reduction in grass in the front or side yard.
- Beds mulched with leaves, bark or stone.
- Variety of plants appropriate to the soil and sunlight conditions.
- Non-grass area with 50 percent plant coverage.
- Planned and maintained borders between water-saving landscape and other areas.
Of course, there will be a Q&A session at the end of the online event, as well as opportunities to win prizes and earn WaterSaver Rewards.
The tour is sponsored by the Gardening Volunteers of South Texas, San Antonio Water System, Trinity Glen Rose Groundwater Conservation District, San Antonio River Authority and the San Antonio Botanical Garden.
Don’t miss it! Sign up now.