Sprinkler system running up your water bill? Consider ditching it with our Irrigation Design Rebate and add a little cold hard cash to your pocket.
Irrigation systems represent a convenient avenue by which homeowners and business owners can apply water to their landscapes on a regular basis to keep them healthy and maintain their appeal.
However, anyone with an irrigation system also knows it can be a real bear to maintain and can inflate your water bill very quickly if there’s a malfunction or break, or if the settings aren’t monitored. This is especially true when the irrigation system is set to operate at night or when the owner is away – a classic set-it-and-forget-it scenario.
If you have been considering making changes to your irrigation system or even permanently getting rid of it, the Irrigation Design Rebate is definitely a way to add some cool breezes to your hot summer days.
BEFORE any work on your irrigation system begins, you MUST schedule a free irrigation consultation. Any irrigation work initiated before the consultation will not be considered for the rebate.
Here’s how it works:
- Call SAWS at 210-704-SAVE (7283) or email us to set up the free consultation.
- A Conservation consultant will come to your location to inspect the irrigation system, record the settings and briefly test the system to collect information on average water flow rate and number of separate zones laid out across the landscape. The consultant will share the inspection results with you and address any questions you have about the system or landscape.
- Based on the average water flow and number of zones in the irrigation system, the consultant will provide you with a personalized written rebate offer that is good for one year from the date of the consultation. The offer contains:
- The maximum rebate amount available for permanently retiring the functional irrigation system.
- This maximum rebate amount also includes work for making targeted changes to the irrigation system. These include capping entire sprinkler zones, converting entire spray irrigation zones to drip irrigation (landscape beds only) or converting all conventional spray irrigation heads in a zone to pressure-reducing spray heads (grass zones only).
- After you complete changes to your irrigation system, call 210-704-SAVE (7283) or email us to schedule a final rebate inspection. The consultant will inspect and confirm all changes you’ve made.
- Once the consultant returns the final inspection paperwork to SAWS, you will receive an email within 48 hours confirming your final rebate amount.
- A rebate check (yes, cold, hard cash!) will be mailed directly to you within two to four weeks after the rebate is approved. Only homeowners or business owners are eligible for rebates…tenants are not eligible.