WaterSaver Landscape Coupon
Ready to transform your landscape? Apply today for a SAWS coupon to help pay for replacing 200 square feet of grass with a new water-saving flower bed!
How It Works
Removing Sprinkler Heads
WaterSaver landscapes are irrigation-free. Got sprinklers? You’ll need to remove the irrigation components (sprinkler heads and drip lines) from the 200 square-foot area where you will install the new garden bed. Take photos to document your irrigation components before and after removal.
Review our Irrigation Design Rebate program requirements. If you believe you will be removing enough irrigation to qualify for an Irrigation Design Rebate, schedule an Irrigation Consultation to receive a rebate offer before you do any work.
To request an Irrigation Consultation, call 210-704-SAVE (7283). If you have a current rebate offer from a consultation within the past 12 months, let conservation staff know when you call.
Whether you are trying for an irrigation rebate or not, take multiple before-and-after pictures of your irrigation system components such as heads, valve boxes or other components. You will need to submit them to complete the coupon and qualify for any Irrigation Design Rebate offer.
What to Expect
Eligible customers will receive an email with their Landscape eCoupon(s) within two weeks. It will be sent to the email address provided in the application.
Customers who apply for multiple coupons will receive them in separate emails. Each coupon may only be used once with a single vendor. If you receive multiple coupons, you may use each one at different participating vendors.
Coupon covers only a portion of the costs at participating vendors.
You must purchase 15 plants from the approved WaterSaver Coupon list (no substitutions). Small plants must be purchased in 1 gallon containers and small trees in 5 gallon containers.
Redeem your eCoupons from your mobile device at participating stores by Oct. 31. A cashier will enter the store code on your mobile device to validate the coupon.
Note: You will be required to submit photos of your completed project in order to be eligible for more coupons or other conservation programs.
Once you’ve completed your beds, take photos and use the submission button below to send photos of your completed landscape bed to SAWS by Nov. 15. Completed landscape beds are required to be at least 200 contiguous square feet in size, with 15 plants from the approved list, planted in the ground.
The Fine Print
- SAWS residential customers can apply for up to four Landscape Coupons per year.
- There is a lifetime limit of eight WaterSaver coupons per service account.
- Coupon may not cover the entire cost of the required 15 plants, depending on pricing of the plants you select.
- Any existing irrigation sprinkler heads and drip irrigation must be removed from the newly created 200 square foot landscape bed.
- All 15 plants must be planted in the ground in your newly created 200 square foot landscape bed.
- Plants cannot be planted in containers.
- SAWS reserves the right to inspect new beds installed with this coupon. Customers are required to submit photos for the final inspection by the November 15 deadline.
- Existing landscape beds are not eligible for this program. Customers may expand existing beds as long as 200 square feet of grass is removed.
- Nursery partner prices, customer plant selection and plant size will determine the plant package’s final cost. SAWS does not guarantee availability nor dictate prices for participating nurseries.
- SAWS reserves the right to use photos submitted on this application for program promotions. Identifying information as to customer name and address will not be used on selected photos.
- Program availability may be subject to budget limitations.
- To view your WaterSaver Coupons history, login online to your SAWS service account. Once you have logged in to My Account, click on the Rebates & Rewards button in the main navigation menu. You can also click the button below to reach SAWS MyAccount.