Residential Irrigation Design Rebate
Make changes to your irrigation system, get a cash rebate, and get the garden or landscape you want without the high water bills. Ditch the entire system and you’ll receive a larger rebate.
Why the rebate? In San Antonio, customers with irrigation systems use 70 percent more water on average in the summer and 50 percent more annually than customers without irrigation systems.
How It Works
The residential irrigation design rebate is available to SAWS residential water customers that make permanent changes to their irrigation systems resulting in long-term water savings.
The rebate is based on the number of zones your system has and the gallons per minute your irrigation system uses at the initial consultation.
Irrigation changes are expected to be a permanent change to your property.
The table below shows your options, the requirements and rebate amount ranges:
Permanent Removal of Irrigation System
|Removal of Irrigation System
(Active Systems: $$$$$)
(Non-Functional Systems: $$$)
|Removal of Irrigation Zone
(Per Zone: $$$)
|Spray Zone to Drip Irrigation
|Conversion to Pressure-Regulated Heads
(Per Zone: $)
|Installation of New Master Valve
(One per system: $$)
To view your rebate history, you will need online access to your SAWS service account. Note: Once you have logged in to My Account, look for the Rebates & Rewards button in the main navigation menu.
The Fine Print
- You must have an Irrigation Consultation BEFORE you begin any work. Work completed prior to the first consult will not receive rebates.
- Rebate offer good for 12 months from the date of the initial consult.
- Rebates are in cash. Rebates over $600 will require an IRS W-9 tax form.
- Work completed within 90 days from the initial consultation offer receives a 10% bonus.
- Maximum targeted changes rebate equals the amount offered for permanent system removal, plus bonuses (if any).
- Program availability may be subject to budget limitations.
- NOTE: If your SAWS water account is more than 45 days past due and the amount of your irrigation rebate is less than the past-due balance, SAWS Conservation will issue your irrigation rebate as a credit to your SAWS water account rather than mail a check.